Our Orange update drops today!
Membership Updates, Group Push Notifications, Subscription Features, and Music Player Upgrades!
With new feature releases and huge updates to existing ones, Orange brings plenty of treats… and it even has a few tricks up its sleeve.
- Create one or many unique user logins for your app.
- Assign users to specific groups and customize their access levels.
- Enable Guest Login to provide non-users with limited access.
- Set a custom background for your app’s login screen.
Let’s bring the idea of mailing lists into the mobile landscape! You can now create subscription categories through the Messages section of your dashboard. These categories will appear in a new menu within the app’s Messages tab, where users can opt out of receiving the types of messages they wish to ignore.
When sending push notifications, you can filter by subscription categories to target the right users and avoid bugging the wrongs ones. All push notifications will be viewable in the Messages tab, regardless of users’ specific subscription settings, but only users subscribed to a list will receive alerts from it.
Segmented Push Notifications
It doesn’t end at subscription lists. You can now select target groups or users (or both!) from your Membership Accounts for more customized push notifications.
Need to alert parents about report cards or remind faculty about this week’s conference? Can do. Just select that group from the list and only users registered to that group will receive the alert and see the message in their Messages tab.
Music Player Improvement
Users now have playback controls in the Music and Podcast features: Fast-Forward/Rewind, Next/Previous, and track scrubbing allow for precise control over your audio playback experience.
The most noticeable visual change in our Orange release is our brand new popup dialog design. It now uses the button color you’ve selected in your app’s Global Style section, adding a touch of color to the normally drab boxes.
Your prompts will really pop with this updated look, helping your messages stand out in a whole new way.
- Reservations Feature now uses Braintree integration and no longer supports the PayPal integration of the past.
- Social Tab upgrades to work with Membership functionality.
- iOS 9 Support with upgraded SDKs for Facebook, Twitter and more.